BLOG06 November 2017
Here's our Keep Your Head Blog!! Home of all things new happening and some tips and tricks for improving your Mental Health!!!
Click the Banners Below to Check Out our Blog Posts!
We're On The Radio Today!!06 November 2017
23/02/2018 - February
So today is super exciting for all of us here at Keep Your Head as we will be talking on BBC Radio Cambridgeshire later today!!! Dr Emma Tiffin and Vickie from the Sun Network will be having a chat with Jeremy Sallis about all of the great things we've been up to and what is to come in the next few months!!
So tune in around 2 pm and join us for a great chat and see what we're all about!! If you can't tune in then don't worry, next week we'll have the audio clip up on here for you all to have a listen too or you'll be able to check it out on the bbc website!
We did it!!
Have a lovely weekend everybody, remember, Keep Your Head is here if you need help this weekend!!
10 Self-Care Tips To Try06 November 2017
We all know that our personal wellbeing is something we need to look after; but there are times when we forget to do so. This is why we decided this little reminder of 10 things you can try to help take care of ourselves.
So.. Where to start?
1. Listen to music. If you're stressed and finding it hard to focus on something, try listening to some calming music and focus on just the music for a few minutes. This can help clear your mind of all stressful thoughts and leave you feeling refreshed and ready to go!
2. Remind yourself of how amazing you are! Write a note or letter to yourself reminding yourself of how amazing you are and all of the good stuff you've done recently, no matter how small!
3. Come away from screens (maybe after reading this post first.. Haha!) before bed and take a break from social media. If you're a social media user and find yourself constantly looking at your phone, try taking a day to leave those apps unopened. You'll be amazed at how little you've actually missed by not constantly checking up on everyone!
4. Cook yourself a nice meal. This one may seem a little weird for self-care, but we found that when you've taken time to prepare yourself a yummy plate of food, you're more likely to enjoy it and you get to tune out whilst you cook it! Just put on some tunes and sing along whilst you cook.
5. Breathe. If you've got a few spare minutes, spend them focusing on your breathing. It clears your head and can be very calming!
6. Talk to a friend (or friends) about how you're feeling! Talking about what's going on in each other's lives is a great way to tune out of the here and now and just take care of each others wellbeing.
7. Look at your own happy photos. If you've got a favourite photo that makes you smile or laugh, put it somewhere you'll see it everyday so you start the day off with a smile!
8. Unsubscribe to unwanted emails. This one can take anywhere from 30 minutes to a few hours, but totally worth it. Your mental health and inbox will thank you!
9. Take some down time at the end of every day, whether it's a big bubble bath, watching your favourite film or simply reading a magazine, whatever it is, treat yourself to some me time.
10. Take a few minutes to tidy up and organise one area of your space that stresses you out to look at it. Even if it's a quick 10 minute tidy up, you'll feel so much better afterwards!
Hope this helps your self-care! Let us know if you try any of these and what works for you!!
Have a lovely week!