10 Ways to Improve Your Sleep
Do you wake up most mornings and feel like you got zero sleep in the night? Or do you feel exhausted by the afternoon? Well, to help you see how you can improve your sleep, we’ve written down ways which help us feel well-rested and ready to conquer the day!
1. Go to bed at the regular times.
2. Wind down by having a bath (not too hot, having a warm bath gets your body to an ideal temperature to rest).
3. Write down any thoughts or tasks you need to remember for the next day so you can stop thinking about them.
4. Come away from screens before you are planning on going to bed. The lights from them set your body clock off and wakes you up. You could try putting the radio on quietly instead.
5. Make your bedroom sleep-friendly. This can be just making sure your bedroom is a comfortable temperature, blocking out any light and making sure your bed is comfortable.
6. Try to avoid taking naps during the day. As nice as these can be at times, they can make it hard for you to become sleepy at bedtime.
7. Do some light stretching. I know that everyone’s excuse for every problem is to ‘do some yoga’, but doing a few stretched can relax your muscles making you tired.
8. Turn your clock away from you. If you’re like me, when you wake up in the night you check you clock and then start thinking about how long until you’ve got to get up. To stop this, put your clock away from view or turn it around.
9. Don’t eat anything too heavy right before bed. Try to finish any eating at least an hour before you’re going to bed, if you eat really late your digestive system will become overloaded and you’ll struggle to switch off.
10. Know when to get some help. If your sleepless nights last for more than two weeks, go see your GP. There may be an underlying health condition or some medication you can take to help you get a sound night’s sleep.
We hope these tips and tricks help you out like they've helped us!
Good night, sleep tight and don’t let the bed bugs bite!!