Ways To Relax In 5 Minutes
Finding time to relax can be pretty hard sometimes. Especially in the next upcoming months with Christmas on the way! We've put together some little things you can do to help yourself relax and chill out, even if it is for just 5 minutes.
Small things you can do to relax when you’ve only got 5 minutes:
- Make yourself a cup of decaf tea/coffee or water and focus on the smell, taste, temperature etc.
- Go for a quick walk around the area, even if you’re in an office, you can take a walk outside; it doesn't matter if it’s just a lap of the building grounds, fresh air is great for us.
- Look at cute animal photos (this one is guaranteed to put a smile on your face and make you feel relaxed).
- Tense up your muscles and then consciously relax then individually.
- Counting down from 10 slowly.
- Drip cold water over your wrists. This one is great for panic attacks as well as relaxing, its a good distraction technique.
- Listen to your favourite song.
- Write down your emotions e.g. I feel stressed!! It can help release the emotion.
- Do a quick puzzle, it can be a crossword, word-search or Sudoku. Whatever ones you enjoy to do.
- Spray some of your favourite perfume on or if you've got some handy, essential oils.
- Chat with a friend. We highly suggest this one, its a great opportunity to talk about how you're feeling, and it is a chance to see how your friends are feeling too.
Taking 5 minutes for your mental health and well-being might only be a short amount of time but it can make your day feel a lot brighter. Have a great day everyone and remember to take time for yourself!