Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Children & Young People Mental Health Support


Student circle

If you need support, help or advice around drugs and alcohol there are a range of local and national services available. See the following links for more information:


If you live in Cambridgeshire (not including Peterborough):

cpftCambridgeshire Child and Adolescent Substance Use Service (CASUS) provides information, support and specialist treatment in Cambridgeshire around drug and alcohol use to young people and their families. CASUS offers specialist treatment, interventions, support and information for all types of substance use. The also provide support for the families and carers of substance misusing young people, and see young people who are affected by the substance misuse of someone close to them.

CASUS can see young people at school, home or a variety of community or healthcare settings. You can refer yourself for an appointment, or a parent/carer or professional can refer a young person. The service is suitable for those under 18 years old but they also have a limited service for 18 – 21 year olds who are particularly vulnerable and would benefit from seeing a young person’s service rather than be referred to adult services.

For more information on CASUS and the service they offer, and how to access the service visit: 

You can contact CASUS 9am-5pm Monday to Friday Tel: 01480 415278 


Change Grow Live

CGL can support you with any concerns , worries or questions you might have about:

  • Prescription medications
  • Alcohol
  • Over the counter medication use
  • Illegal/legal drugs
  • Duel Diagnosis and mental health
  • Steriod use and more

Information and advice in Cambridge and Peterborough from CGL-Please see HERE

Tel: 0300 555 0101

POW (Possibilities, Opportunities, Without taking risk) young people’s drug and alcohol service is a free and confidential service that works with young people and families around their, or their parent’s or carer’s, substance use. The service is for those up to the age of 18 years with drug and/or alcohol problems and offers one-to-one support, group work, housing and education/employment support.

For adults, the most suitable service will be Aspire-Peterborough. Recovery workers will work with an individual offering information, advice and guidance to develop a recovery plan. Groups and activities are also available to support the recovery journey. 


National Information:

FrankFRANK provides friendly confidential drugs advice. They have lots of information on their website, but also provide a live chat (2-6pm) and can be contacted by email, text or phone. The website also provides information on what to do in an emergency situation.



Ever worry about your parent's drinking? Drinking problems can affect the whole family, to find out what you can do and how you can speak to people that can help visit Nacoa or call their helpline (0800 358 3456). If you are a friend or professional worried about a child or young person the site also has a range of information that may be able to help.


Further National information can be found at



Recovery Cafes in Cambridge

  Recovery Cafes : free, regular, no appointments needed, drop-in cafes where you can find lots of information on recovery from drug and alcohol use, chats with others in recovery and enjoy a free tea or coffee on us.

  • Cambridge: The Edge Café, Brookfield NHS Site, Mill Rd, CB1 3DF, Every Thursday 12-3 pm

  • Cambridge: Frazzled Café, Marks & Spencers, Sidney St, Cambridge, CB2 3HH ( Mental Health Recovery)

  • Ely: The Countess Free Church, Ely, Every Monday 10 am – 12 pm

    For more information on the Cafes please call Sun Network at


 Further information can be found on the Adult Keep your Head page HERE

Taylorfitch website