- Papyrus - Provide confidential help and advice to young people and anyone worried about a young person.
- Local Guide for Professionals - Understanding and responding to children and young people at risk of self-harm and suicide
- www.stopsuicidepledge.org.- local website giving guidance on what to do if you are thinking about suicide, or you are concerned about someone.
- First Response Service - If a young person is experiencing something that makes them feel unsafe, distressed or worried about their mental health you can contact the FRS on their behalf (or they can contact the service directly) to speak to a trained mental health professional. Contact FRS by dialling 111 and selecting option 2. If you are living in Wisbech call 111, select option 1 and then ask the call handler to put you through to the First Response Service. The service is available to anyone, of any age, currently living in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough in mental health crisis. The phone line is open all day, every day.
- Suicide mitigation in Primary Care
Support for schools and colleges following the death of a young person by suspected suicide:
A coordinated multi-agency response will be initiated following the death of a young person (under the age of 18 years). This response is outlined in the 'Supporting Schools and Colleges in responding to suicides in teenagers: A multi-agency guide for practitioners' document. If you become aware of a child death, but have not been contacted by a service to notify you of this, then please contact:
Chris Meddle – Senior Leadership Advisor
Sara Rogers – Education Safeguarding Manager
Gary Perkins – Head of Service
Sharon Bishop – Capital Projects and Assets Officer
Samaritans - In addition to local services, support can be offered via the Samaritans Step By Step programme which offers practical support and guidance in the aftermath of a suspected suicide. This service is free and can be accessed by email: or phone: .
In Cambridgeshire and Peterborough families who are affected by suicide will be offered support from the post-suicide bereavement service shortly after the death.