LOOKING AFTER YOUR WELLBEING
There are lots of things you can do to help yourself stay well and have good wellbeing: including eating well, spending time with others, getting a good night's sleep and taking some regular exercise. Many of the things that are good for our physical health are also good for keeping our minds well too.
Some people find the '5 Ways to Wellbeing' a useful way of thinking about how you can look after your wellbeing:
1. Connect with the people around you and make time for family or friends.
2. Be active - Go for a run, play football, cycle to college or sign up for a dance class...whatever it is, make sure it is something you enjoy.
3. Take notice – Pay attention to your senses – what can you see, feel, taste, smell and hear?
4. Keep learning – Try something new, be it a new recipe or taking up an evening class.
5. Give - Do something nice for a friend, or a stranger. Thank someone. Smile :) Volunteer your time. It can be incredibly rewarding.
Making a few small changes to your lifestyle could make a big difference, these websites might be able to help:
Whether it’s getting more active, quitting smoking or reducing how much alcohol you drink this website can help!
How Are You Peterborough - is a website that brings together everything in the local Peterborough community that is good for mental wellbeing. It includes activities from yoga to singing, sports clubs to arts groups, places to talk or get a cup of tea, plus information about local professional mental health support.
Let's Get Moving Cambridgeshire aims to improve the health of the Cambridgeshire population, specifically by increasing levels of physical activity. This will be done by promoting existing opportunities, developing new opportunities, and supporting individuals that require support to achieve their goals.
Want to try out mindfulness? Need a little boost? Then check out the Apps page for a little inspiration!
*Some information gathered from www.nhs.uk and the services listed.