EMERGENCY AND CAMH
In hours (Mon-Fri, 09:00-17:00)
ALL NEW REFERRALS: Call the Single Point of Access (SPA)- 01480 428115, firstname.lastname@example.org. Takes professional referrals up to 17th birthday (18th birthday for learning disabilities). Click here for referral form. If there is an immediate risk to a child or young person’s safety (or to the safety of others) due to a mental health issue and they require a same day mental health assessment, you may be directed by the SPA to the local CAMHS clinic’s on-call clinician(s).
- A local service that provides specialist assessment, care and support to young people experiencing a first episode of psychosis. GP or self referral. Phone: 01223 884360 or 01733 318102.
- EXISTING CASES: If a child or young person is an existing patient of the local CAMHS Clinic/Service, please contact their reception to access further support. Contact details are:
- Cambridge (South) CAMHS reception - 01223 465100
- Huntingdon/Fenland (Central) CAMHS reception - 01480 445281
- Peterborough (North) CAMHS reception - 01733 777939
Out of hours (Weekends, and after 17:00)
- NEW PRESENTATIONS OR EXISTING CASES OPEN TO CAMHS: If there is an immediate risk to a child or young person's safety due to a mental health issue, s/he can be taken to the local A&E department where it will be decided whether a specialist mental health assessment is required. If needed, this can be provided in A&E.
- Young People, Parents or Carers can call the First Response Team for support on 111 (select option 2), and access the Sanctuary in Cambridge or Peterborough. The Sanctuary offers anyone in crisis over the age of 16 practical and emotional support between 6pm and 1am. Referral in is via 111 (select option 2) only. To watch a tour click here.
Click here for a fact sheet on suicide mitigation for GP's
Click here for 'Help is at Hand - Support after someone may have died by suicide'